May 12 2016 | 1 comments
Though many of us buy products from the Internet frequently, when it comes time to buy hearing aids, you might wonder if buying online is the best option.
After all, don’t hearing aids require precise configuration by an audiologist, as well as a chance to test the aids to make sure they are a good fit for your needs?
Yes, both those steps are essential—and you don’t lose out on either by ordering hearing aids online.
With a local retailer, you benefit from a hands-on interaction with the hearing aids, plus a convenient brick and mortar location. But you also pay for that convenience, as prices are routinely two to three times higher than buying directly from the manufacturer.
While buying online isn’t quite as convenient as buying from a local retailer, you can purchase a hearing aid directly from home using the same process as buying in-store. For example:
When you buy hearing aids online, your aids will always be programmed based on your latest hearing test. We ask all of our customers to submit the results of their most recent hearing test, so we can ensure that our audiology team is programming your hearing aids to meet your exact specifications. This ensures you’re buying the most appropriate technology for your specific hearing loss challenges.
When you buy hearing aids online, you still benefit from a trained audiologist. Online retailers like Embrace Hearing feature trained, fully certified audiologists on staff to ensure that your hearing aids are precisely programmed based on the specifications from your hearing test. This is standard procedure for any hearing aid purchase from a reputable retailer. If you are considering buying from a retailer who does not work with an audiologist, find an alternate option.
When you buy hearing aids online, you have a chance to try the aids to make sure they meet your needs. When buying from Embrace Hearing, you always have a 45-day window to try out your new hearing aids and ensure they are the right fit for your needs. If your new hearing aids don't meet your needs, we will re-program and adjust the aids as required. If you are still not satisfied, you can return them within 45 days for a full refund.
When you buy hearing aids online, you can always speak with a real person. With Embrace Hearing, you can always speak to a real person who can offer advice and insight into your upcoming purchase. We provide a fully-staffed phone hotline in addition to a free consultation—simply send us your audiogram and we’ll offer our recommendations for the right hearing aid to buy for your needs.
Recent Blog Posts
- How to save money on premium hearing aids
- Hearing Well is a Key to Successful Holiday Celebrations for Everyone!
- A Successful Hearing Aid Experience Starts with a Good Hearing Test
- Can I get just one hearing aid?
- Embrace Hearing Invited to the White House!
- Is buying hearing aids online right for me?
- When I heard how expensive Hearing Aids were, I knew I had to help!
- Embrace Hearing aids with ‘AutoSurround’ work like your brain does.
- Imagine hearing aids that double as jewelry
- Say Hello to the New H-700 from Embrace Hearing
- Too many rock shows? Hearing aids can be a solution.
- Why Should I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Do I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?
- Hearing aids and sports - a how to guide
- Hearing loss - Helpful steps to finding a solution
- Adjusting to Hearing Loss - The brain
- Hearing tests? What they measure and how to get one.
- How to maintain hearing aids
- How can I use my FSA/HSA account to buy a hearing aid?