May 25 2016 | 1 comments
When it comes time to buy hearing aids, you’ll find many retail options, from local audiologists to big box retailers to online stores. So how do you know which is the right fit for you?
For many customers, convenience and selection factor into their decision, but price is typically the deciding factor. And with the average hearing aid price more than $4,500—even reaching $6,000 to $8,000—it’s not hard to understand why.
Because of this, we’re big believers in the online retail model for high performance hearing aids. With the better online retailers like Embrace Hearing, customers benefit from the same level of customer service and personalized attention as in-person retailers at a fraction of the cost—and they never have to leave their living room.
As we’ve discussed in previous posts, brick and mortar retailers cover high overhead costs associated to their retail location by passing them onto customers when they buy their hearing aids. Online retailers aren’t burdened by those heavy fixed costs so they can sell at just above wholesale prices.
Buying online isn’t the right fit for every customer, but here’s why we believe it’s a good alternative for many:
Buying hearing aids online guarantees lower prices. Retailers like Embrace Hearing can afford to sell hearing aids at a lower price than brick and mortar retailers because they don’t have to pay high costs for overhead expenses like rent, retail staff salaries, or equipment. In fact, AARP has found that these expenses can account for more than $2,000 of the sticker price on hearing aids at typical brick and mortar retailers.
Buying hearing aids online is convenient and easy. While your local audiologist or big box retailer is often only a drive away, ordering online is even easier. Simply submit the results of your most recent hearing test and our audiology staff can assist you in choosing, and then custom programming, the right hearing aid for your hearing loss needs.
Buying hearing aids online doesn’t mean sacrificing quality or service. Buying hearing aids from a quality online retailer like Embrace Hearing means you’re buying the latest in European hearing aid technology at close to wholesale prices. It also means your hearing aids will be custom programmed by our experienced audiology team, who ensure that your devices meet the exact needs laid out in your hearing test results.
Buying hearing aids online is risk-free. Once it comes time to buy, you have 45 days to try out the hearing aids risk-free. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return them for a full refund.
Recent Blog Posts
- Hearing Well is a Key to Successful Holiday Celebrations for Everyone!
- A Successful Hearing Aid Experience Starts with a Good Hearing Test
- Can I get just one hearing aid?
- Embrace Hearing Invited to the White House!
- Is buying hearing aids online right for me?
- When I heard how expensive Hearing Aids were, I knew I had to help!
- Embrace Hearing aids with ‘AutoSurround’ work like your brain does.
- Imagine hearing aids that double as jewelry
- Say Hello to the New H-700 from Embrace Hearing
- Too many rock shows? Hearing aids can be a solution.
- Why Should I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Do I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?
- Hearing aids and sports - a how to guide
- Hearing loss - Helpful steps to finding a solution
- Adjusting to Hearing Loss - The brain
- Hearing tests? What they measure and how to get one.
- How to maintain hearing aids
- How can I use my FSA/HSA account to buy a hearing aid?
- Hearing aid technology - A beginner's guide