Mar 05 2012 | 1 comments
Even though a large majority of people report increased quality of life with hearing aids, the infographic below shows an incredible 27 million Americans who could benefit from hearing aids haven't purchased them yet.
Part of the reason is financial cost -- but the other major reason is stigma. Especially among Baby Boomers, there is a fear of looking older. But hearing loss can occur at any age, and half of all Americans with hearing loss users are between 45 and 74 years old.
In fact, hearing aid users are viewed as more adaptable and optimistic then those who decline hearing aids. And untreated hearing loss has been linked to depression, memory deterioration and even career setbacks.
If you think you may notice any of the signs of hearing loss, take a hearing test today. You may find hearing aids are a life-changing experience, whether you choose to buy hearing aids online or from an audiologist.
Recent Blog Posts
- How to save money on premium hearing aids
- Hearing Well is a Key to Successful Holiday Celebrations for Everyone!
- A Successful Hearing Aid Experience Starts with a Good Hearing Test
- Can I get just one hearing aid?
- Embrace Hearing Invited to the White House!
- Is buying hearing aids online right for me?
- When I heard how expensive Hearing Aids were, I knew I had to help!
- Embrace Hearing aids with ‘AutoSurround’ work like your brain does.
- Imagine hearing aids that double as jewelry
- Say Hello to the New H-700 from Embrace Hearing
- Too many rock shows? Hearing aids can be a solution.
- Why Should I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Do I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?
- Hearing aids and sports - a how to guide
- Hearing loss - Helpful steps to finding a solution
- Adjusting to Hearing Loss - The brain
- Hearing tests? What they measure and how to get one.
- How to maintain hearing aids
- How can I use my FSA/HSA account to buy a hearing aid?