Mar 10 2013 | 2 comments
You’re in need of an affordable hearing aid. The search for this – with newspaper ads, phone calls, referrals, and Internet surfing – has been an arduous one. Or has it?
Probably not, thanks to e-commerce creating a new industrial order.
Today, it is difficult to detach “commerce”, the act of buying and selling, from its prefixed “e” with 2012 online sales totaling $820 billion (up 15% from the year before). Ten years ago, the process of purchasing something might involve a pile of print ads and, unbelievably, actually going to a store. But what if your ideal product didn’t advertise? What if the store was out of stock? What if no one else in your life could give you a tip or a deal or a review?
This is the issue e-commerce aims to solve; it is a consumer-centric industry aimed at helping people find exactly what they want to buy. The Internet is a single hub for searching, finding, comparing, advertising, and, most importantly, purchasing. The result? It comes right to your door.
Though once a brick-and-mortar industry controlled exclusively by audiologists, the hearing aid market is now also going online. There is no longer a need for retail markups. Advertising costs are reduced with the facility of search. Overall, online industry brings down consumer hearing aid prices and increases customer potential from select to global, allowing e-commerce sites like Embrace Hearing to enter and change the market.
With hearing aid prices starting at $399, wouldn’t you agree?
Recent Blog Posts
- Embrace Hearing Invited to the White House!
- Is buying hearing aids online right for me?
- When I heard how expensive Hearing Aids were, I knew I had to help!
- Embrace Hearing aids with ‘AutoSurround’ work like your brain does.
- Imagine hearing aids that double as jewelry
- Say Hello to the New H-700 from Embrace Hearing
- Too many rock shows? Hearing aids can be a solution.
- Why Should I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Do I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?
- Hearing aids and sports - a how to guide
- Hearing loss - Helpful steps to finding a solution
- Adjusting to Hearing Loss - The brain
- Hearing tests? What they measure and how to get one.
- How to maintain hearing aids
- How can I use my FSA/HSA account to buy a hearing aid?
- Hearing aid technology - A beginner's guide
- Convincing others to get the hearing aids they need
- New York City Gets a Bit More Hearing Aid Friendly
- Hearing Aids - Why are the prices so high?