Aug 12 2016 | 1 comments
A number of years ago, both my father and father-in-law started to experience hearing loss. Communication became increasingly frustrating for everyone and eventually they were convinced to have their hearing tested. While no one was surprised that their audiologists recommended hearing aids, we were all stunned when we heard how much the recommended models were going to cost! $4,000 for a basic model and over $6000 for the best available.
I knew there had to be a better and a more affordable option. After all, incredibly sophisticated smart phones and computers cost hundreds of dollars, not thousands!
I decided to look into the industry and see what could be done. Some very smart people had looked at this issue including The New York Times: The search for an affordable hearing aid and AARP: Why do hearing aids cost so much. But most articles simply explained why they were expensive rather than what do do about it.
I quickly learned two things:
First, there are many models and options for hearing aids but the best ones are built using European technology and are custom programmed by an experienced audiologist to meet each individual patient’s hearing challenge.
Second, much of the cost of hearing aids comes from the highly costly local retail model. Hearing aid retail shops must cover the many costs that come from running a “brick-and- mortar” storefront, including rent, equipment, and staff salaries. In addition, they typically serve only a very local customer base so these exceptionally high fixed costs must be spread over very few customers, adding several thousand dollars to each order.
So, I began to wonder if it would be possible to provide high quality hearing aids without the costs of retail storefronts and retail staff while maintaining a highly experienced audiology and customer service team … and that is when I discovered Embrace Hearing.
Thanks to the Internet, Embrace Hearing can offer the highest quality audiologist programmed hearing aid technology found at a brick-and- mortar retailers for thousands of dollars less. I was really impressed and spoke with the owners and eventually decided to buy the company.
Embrace Hearing keeps costs down by:
- Buying directly from the German manufacturer. We focus on a few, really great models of hearing aids to get the best pricing possible.
- Selling exclusively online. We sell to customers anywhere – across the United States and around the world but we only sell online to keep our costs down.
- Eliminating the costs of retail storefronts and retail staff while maintaining a highly experienced audiology and customer service team.
In fact, Embrace Hearing can deliver custom programmed hearing aids directly to your home is less than a week for about 1/3 of the cost charged by the typical local retailer. That’s a savings of $2,500 - $4,000!
So, I found a solution that offers German technology, 24/7 customer service and a 45 day free trial program – 100% satisfaction or 100% of your money back.
Can I help you afford top quality hearing aids?
Recent Blog Posts
- Hearing Well is a Key to Successful Holiday Celebrations for Everyone!
- A Successful Hearing Aid Experience Starts with a Good Hearing Test
- Can I get just one hearing aid?
- Embrace Hearing Invited to the White House!
- Is buying hearing aids online right for me?
- When I heard how expensive Hearing Aids were, I knew I had to help!
- Embrace Hearing aids with ‘AutoSurround’ work like your brain does.
- Imagine hearing aids that double as jewelry
- Say Hello to the New H-700 from Embrace Hearing
- Too many rock shows? Hearing aids can be a solution.
- Why Should I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Do I Buy Hearing Aids Online?
- How Much Do Hearing Aids Cost?
- Hearing aids and sports - a how to guide
- Hearing loss - Helpful steps to finding a solution
- Adjusting to Hearing Loss - The brain
- Hearing tests? What they measure and how to get one.
- How to maintain hearing aids
- How can I use my FSA/HSA account to buy a hearing aid?
- Hearing aid technology - A beginner's guide